This 2019 Arnold Palmer Invitational will proceed without golf’s biggest star.
Tiger Woods announced via his personal Twitter account that he will not be participating in this year’s edition of the tournament in Bay Hill, Florida due to concerns with his neck.
“Unfortunately due to a neck strain that I’ve had for a few weeks, I’m forced to withdraw from the API. I’ve been receiving treatment, but it hasn’t improved enough to play. My lower back is fine, and I have no long-term concerns, and I hope to be ready for The Players.” said Woods.
“I’d like to send my regrets to the Palmer family and the Orlando fans. Its connection to Arnold makes it one of my favorite tournaments and I’m disappointed to miss it.”
The 43-year old, who finished tied for 5th with a -10 at the Arnold Palmer Invitational in 2018, has won the tournament a whopping eight times (2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2009, 2012 and 2013) throughout his pro career.
He recently participated at the WGC-Mexico Championship in late February, where he finished tied for 10th after shooting a total of eight-under-par through four rounds of action.
Brooks Koepka isn’t going to let knee surgery stop him from competing in the Masters
Nothing is going to keep Brooks Koepka away from Augusta
The 30-year old golf star is expected to play in the Masters later this week despite having surgery on his right knee less than a month ago.
Koepka suffered a dislocated kneecap and ligament damage early last month after slipping and falling while with his family. He underwent surgery to repair the damage on March 16.
Since then he has dedicated his time to rehab, and has progressed a lot quicker than expected.
“Seven days out of surgery, I was hitting balls. I don’t think anybody expected this. I didn’t know,” said Koepka.
” The goal was to play Augusta and so we were going to see if we could play…We were hopeful we were going to be here. A couple of bad days or anything like that it could set you back quite a while.”
He is hoping to get in at least nine holes of golf as a way to ramp up for the tournament, which goes from April 8-11 at Augusta National in Georgia.
Sergio Garcia withdraws from Masters after testing positive for COVID-19
A notable golfer has been forced to miss the upcoming Masters tournament due to the coronavirus.
Spanish PGA veteran Sergio Garcia confirms he tested positive for COVID-19 after experiencing symptoms following his participation in the Houston Open this past weekend. As a result, he will not be able to play in the 2020 edition of the Masters.
After 21 years of not missing a Major Championship, I will sadly miss the Masters this week,” wrote Garcia on his official Twitter account.
“The important thing is that my family and I are feeling good. We’ll come back stronger and give the green jacket a go next April.”
Draft Kings for 3M Open
- Bubba Watson – $9900
- Harris English – $9000
- Jhonattan Vegas – $7900
- Max Homa – $8000
- Will Gordon – $7700
- Troy Merritt – $7000
We’ve got the 3M open in Minnesota this weekend and this is the our DraftKings lineup. Finished in the money last week at the Memorial (just barely) so we’re gonna try to keep it going.