- Marc Trestman reveals rest of Argos coaching staffPosted 19 hours ago
- Orioles GM doesn’t regret making Bautista comments this offseasonPosted 24 hours ago
- Bettman not optimistic about NHL participation in 2018 OlympicsPosted 1 day ago
- Timberwolves to introduce new logo on April 11Posted 2 days ago
- Blue Jays finalizing extension with John GibbonsPosted 2 days ago
Vermette gets 10 games for slashing official
Anaheim Ducks forward Antoine Vermette has been handed a 10-game suspension for abuse of an official.
Vermette took a slash at a linesman after it appeared that the ref dropped the puck without Vermette being set.
To go along with the 10 games, should it be upheld, Vermette will also surrender just under $100,000 of salary for the infraction.
The 34-year-old Quebec native has posted eight goals and 22 points this season.