- Red Wings playoff streak comes to an end after 25 yearsPosted 54 mins ago
- Oilers clinch playoff berth for first time since 2006Posted 2 hours ago
- Andersen’s return date uncertain as Leafs head to NashvillePosted 3 hours ago
- Bars Feeling the Wrath of Sports Subscription Price HikePosted 20 hours ago
- Report: Indians, Ramirez agree to five-year extensionPosted 21 hours ago
Giants sign Pierre-Paul to four-year, $62M extension
The New York Giants have signed pass-rusher Jason Pierre-Paul to a four-year extension worth $62 million.
The new deal will replace his franchise tag and include a remarkable $34 million in less than the first year of the deal with $40 million guaranteed.
“We’re happy to get a long-term deal with Jason,” general manager Jerry Reese said in a release. “Not only is he one of our best players, he is one of our leaders.”
Pierre-Paul finished with seven sacks in 12 games after a scary incident that saw a chunks of his fingers blown off in a fireworks demonstration throughout the offseason.