- Red Wings playoff streak comes to an end after 25 yearsPosted 54 mins ago
- Oilers clinch playoff berth for first time since 2006Posted 2 hours ago
- Andersen’s return date uncertain as Leafs head to NashvillePosted 3 hours ago
- Bars Feeling the Wrath of Sports Subscription Price HikePosted 20 hours ago
- Report: Indians, Ramirez agree to five-year extensionPosted 21 hours ago
Dioceses Are Giving Out Permission to Eat Corned Beef Tomorrow Even Though It’s a Friday During Lent
Tomorrow is St. Patrick’s Day. But it’s also a Friday during Lent . . . which means no meat . . . which means no corned beef . . . which means missing out on the full St. Patrick’s Day experience . . . which means feeling empty and incomplete.
But don’t worry. The dioceses are here to help.
At least HALF of the dioceses in America are giving out special dispensations to allow Catholics permission to mow down corned beef tomorrow without violating Lent.
In fact, only TWO of the 179 dioceses have given corned beef a hard “no”: Denver and Lincoln, Nebraska.
How does yours feel? You can contact them to find out. Most of them are just giving out a blanket dispensation . . . but some say you should personally request one from a priest or agree to skip meat on Saturday as a trade-off.