- Study Finds Conflicting Evidence on Long Term NHL Concussion EffectsPosted 13 hours ago
- Second Round PredictionsPosted 17 hours ago
- How Much of Sporting Success is Mental?Posted 18 hours ago
- Drake to host inaugural NBA Awards showPosted 19 hours ago
- Raptors Win Big Against the Bucks in Game 5Posted 22 hours ago
Canelo vacates WBC title
Middleweight world champion Canelo Alvarez has vacated his title in response to an ultimatum put forth by the WBC.
“I am hopeful that by putting aside this ticking clock, the two teams can now negotiate this fight, and (Golovkin) and I can get in the ring as soon as possible and give the fans the fight they want to see.”
Alvarez made the move in hopes of pursuing his bout with Gennady Golovkin on his own terms rather than the WBC’s who gave him 15 days to decide whether to take the fight or not.
Alvarez defended his title against Amir Khan on May 7th.
Golovkin is currently undefeated in 35 pro fights.