- Marc Trestman reveals rest of Argos coaching staffPosted 19 hours ago
- Orioles GM doesn’t regret making Bautista comments this offseasonPosted 24 hours ago
- Bettman not optimistic about NHL participation in 2018 OlympicsPosted 1 day ago
- Timberwolves to introduce new logo on April 11Posted 2 days ago
- Blue Jays finalizing extension with John GibbonsPosted 2 days ago
Canelo vacates WBC title
Middleweight world champion Canelo Alvarez has vacated his title in response to an ultimatum put forth by the WBC.
“I am hopeful that by putting aside this ticking clock, the two teams can now negotiate this fight, and (Golovkin) and I can get in the ring as soon as possible and give the fans the fight they want to see.”
Alvarez made the move in hopes of pursuing his bout with Gennady Golovkin on his own terms rather than the WBC’s who gave him 15 days to decide whether to take the fight or not.
Alvarez defended his title against Amir Khan on May 7th.
Golovkin is currently undefeated in 35 pro fights.