- Ducks acquire Eaves for 2nd-round pickPosted 8 hours ago
- Chiefs sign C.J. SpillerPosted 9 hours ago
- Patrik Berglund signs five-year extension with BluesPosted 16 hours ago
- Snowshoe To Lift the Winter Blues!Posted 19 hours ago
- Leicester shock football world againPosted 1 day ago
Strikeforce middleweight Lorenz “The Monsoon” Larkin
Today on In the Cage With Bards at 3pm/est, Carlin speaks with Strikeforce middleweight Lorenz “The Monsoon” Larkin.
Lorenz Larkin (born September 3, 1986) is an American mixed martial artist, who competes in the middleweight division for the Strikeforce promotion. Larkin grew up as one of nine siblings in Riverside, California. His parents frowned upon contact sports for fear of the damage they might inflict upon his son. Despite his parental objections, Larkin took up American football initially, but gave it up soon afterwards because he “sucked at it”. Afterwards, he began boxing but was not able to compete as much as he would like to his parents. He also felt that he was too short to be a professional boxer in the heavyweight division, so he took up kickboxing and Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu which led him to mixed martial arts.
|Mixed martial arts record|