- Smith to stay on with HoustonPosted 3 mins ago
- NSS LIVE recap: Forcillo sentenced to 6 years, Bettman denies concussion/CTE linkPosted 6 hours ago
- Russian weightlifters have been banned from Rio OlympicsPosted 8 hours ago
- Marlins acquire Cashner, Rea in seven-player tradePosted 9 hours ago
- Pacers, Nuggets to face off in London on January 12Posted 2 days ago
Strikeforce middleweight Lorenz “The Monsoon” Larkin
Today on In the Cage With Bards at 3pm/est, Carlin speaks with Strikeforce middleweight Lorenz “The Monsoon” Larkin.
Lorenz Larkin (born September 3, 1986) is an American mixed martial artist, who competes in the middleweight division for the Strikeforce promotion. Larkin grew up as one of nine siblings in Riverside, California. His parents frowned upon contact sports for fear of the damage they might inflict upon his son. Despite his parental objections, Larkin took up American football initially, but gave it up soon afterwards because he “sucked at it”. Afterwards, he began boxing but was not able to compete as much as he would like to his parents. He also felt that he was too short to be a professional boxer in the heavyweight division, so he took up kickboxing and Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu which led him to mixed martial arts.
|Mixed martial arts record|